Jan Albertsz. Rotius: Portrait of Meyndert Sonck and Agatha van Neck with their children (1662)
(Museum Mayer van den Bergh, Antwerp, Belgium)
A nice Dutch family-portrait from the 17th century by the Dutch artist Jan Albertsz. Rotius (1624-1666). The entire family is depicted with their best clothes with the men on the right and the women on the left. Depicted on the painting from left to right:
- Albert Sonck, age of 3 - his chain over his left shoulder identifies him as a boy.
- Meyndert Albertsz. Sonck, age of 36. He was mayor of the city of Hoorn, captain of the civic guard of Hoorn, director of the V.O.C.
- Agatha van Neck, age of 28.
- Geertruida Sonck, age of 5. Front group, third of right
- Margaretha Sonck, age of 6. Front group, second of right
- Cornelia Sonck, age of 8. Front group, right
- Lucia Sonck, she was born in 1662, in the background, with a toy
- a wet nurse
Painting from 1662