Dirck Dircksz. van Santvoort: Group portrait of Dirck Bas with his family (1634 - 1635)
(Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
A painting by the Dutch artist Dirck Dircksz. van Santvoort (1610-1680). The paintings shows the family of Dirck Bas Jacobsz. with his second wife Grietge Snoeck and their children - the children from the first marriage of Dirck Bas Jacobsz. are not shown. Depicted from left to right:
- Abraham de Visscher (1605-1667), merchant, regent of the Dutch West India company, churchwarden of the Old Church in Amsterdam, Lieutenant and later captain in the Civic Guard of Amsterdam. Married with Machteld Bas in 1632, he is pointing to his son in the foreground
- Machteld Bas (..-1681), married with Abraham de Visscher in 1632
- Abraham de Visscher jr (1633-before 1642), the young boy in the foreground with the dog, son of Abraham de Visscher and Machteld Bas
- Jacob Bas Dircksz. (1609-1656), merchant, member of the city council of Amsterdam, member of the Admiralty in Zeeland, regent of the Dutch West India company, captain in the Civic Guard of Amsterdam
- Dirck Bas Jacobsz. (1569-1637), merchant, mayor of Amsterdam, diplomat, member of the Dutch government, regent of the Dutch East india company (V.O.C.)
- Grietge Jansdr. Snoeck (1588-1645), second wife of Dirck Bas Jacobsz.
- Agatha Bas (1611-1658), married with Nicolaas van Bambeeck in 1638
- Nicolaes Bas (1616-1635), student at the university of Leiden, died during his 'Grand Tour' in 1635 in La Rochelle
- Lysbeth (Elisabeth) Bas (1619-1680), married with Willem Backer in 1641
Dirck Bas Jacobsz. lived with his family in Amsterdam at the Rokin, in the Kalverstraat and at the time of his death at the Kloveniersburgwal. painting from 1634-1635.